The Chamber of Commerce is currently looking to fill the Visitor Center Coordinator position.
Position: Visitor Center Coordinator (Part-Time)
Location: Desert Mountain Visitor Center, 2900 American Legion, Mountain Home, ID
Application Deadline: March 8th, 2021
Salary: Starting at $11.00 per hour
Responsible To: The Mountain Home Chamber of Commerce, Executive Director.
To manage the day-to-day operations of the Desert Mountain Visitor Center. This position will represent the Chamber of Commerce on a variety of information including local Idaho travel, tourism, and recreation.
This role interacts with the Chamber of Commerce staff, Visitor Center volunteers, the general public, and will be an active representative of the Chamber of Commerce Travel and Tourism Committee. Externally, you will be asked to brief and exchange correspondence with funding entities, including city and county leaders.
- Assist visitors in a professional manner while remaining informed of events, activities, and accommodations within the local region.
- Maintain accounts receivable and accounts payable logs, daily receipts and follow financial protocols set forth by the Chamber of Commerce.
- Make bank deposits as needed.
- Maintain ongoing visitor logs and all data required by the Chamber of Commerce and its partners.
- Maintain gift shop, including identifying and selecting vendors, placing merchandise orders, and stocking appropriate brochures regarding the local region.
- Recruit, train, and provide ongoing supervision of the volunteers and community service workers.
- Ensure there is adequate coverage to maintain hours of operation.
- Maintain the Visitors Center social media pages which provide the public with local information, events, and gift shop promotions.
- Coordinate with the Chamber of Commerce, committees, and partners to provide visitor information and services, including Military Affairs Visitor Bags, relocation packets, Chamber Gift Certificates, and items requested by the Chamber of Commerce Staff.
- Attend and report at the monthly Travel and Tourism Meeting, as well as work with the Committee Chairperson to meet the needs of the committee.
- Provide annual reports, including an annual brief to City and County entities.
- Research and prepare grant funding options.
- Continue the relationship with Southwest Idaho Travel Association (SWITA), submitting quarterly report/grant request, and collection of data from grant funding.
- Support and provide information for websites including Sled the Trinities and Chamber of Commerce.
- Maintain the cleanliness and appearance of the Visitor Center.
- Knowledge of supervisor practices and/or leadership experience.
- Must have general accounting knowledge.
- Must have a general knowledge of office equipment including computers and Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Knowledge of current marketing techniques.
Drop off resume at the Mountain Home Chamber of Commerce Office located at 205 N. 3rd. E, Mountain Home, Idaho or email resume to Chamber@mountainhomechamber.com.
For questions regarding this position, please call 208.587.4334 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.