*The Military Affairs Committee requires additional membership fees.
In 1980, the Mountain Home Chamber of Commerce established the Military Affairs Committee (MAC). The objective of the committee is to build a rapport with incoming military personnel and leadership. They establish a legislative committee to work with local, state, and federal representatives on “hot-button” items to ensure the needs of Mountain Home Air Force Base are met. Today, the committee is made up of over 70 businesses and still carries on its mission.
REASONS FOR BECOMING A MAC MEMBER:
- Support Idaho’s military members and gain a better understanding of the economic impact the base has on the State of Idaho.
- Network with other business owners and socialize with your peers at various functions throughout the year, with a common goal of military interest.
- A portion of MAC Dues will support efforts and travel expenses for our Political Action Team and the City of Mountain Home Military Liaison. Travel includes trips to Washington, DC to maintain open communication with the Pentagon regarding base realignment, infrastructure, and additional funding.
- The 366th Fighter Wing Honorary Commander Program shares the 366th Fighter Wing’s mission and accomplishments with community neighbors, particularly business and civic leaders. Each unit’s honorary commander is paired with a unit commander or a member of the wing’s leadership. Being a member of MAC adds strength to an application to become an Honorary Commander by demonstrating commitment and understanding of the need to have a dominant presence of the military within Idaho.
- Military Affairs Committee membership distinguishes you as a civic and business leader within the Mountain Home community and eligible for:
- Invitations to attend wing change of command ceremonies
- Civic Leader Tours
- MAC Socials, Luncheons and other events.
- Work with the City of Mountain Home Military Liaison, community leaders, and state representatives to secure funding for the MHAFB Water Project.
- Research and advocate for schooling infrastructure needs.
- Work with the City of Mountain Home and Base personnel to identify housing needs and potential development projects.
Chairperson: Desiree Axtell, Caliber Home Loans